August 1, 2021

Eronid.com

Latest | Popular | Trending News

Disappearance of Estelle Mouzin: the new series of excavations ended without success

2 min read



It was the seventh excavation campaign in a year. The new searches started Monday in the Ardennes to search for the body of Estelle Mouzin, ended Thursday, June 17. There is no “a priori” no more excavations, briefly told AFP Corinne Herrmann, one of the lawyers for the father of the child who disappeared at 9 years old in Guermantes (Seine-et-Marne).

Nevertheless, the judge Sabine Kheris instruction may very well decide, as she has done several times, to resume them when she wishes. These excavations were carried out in a communal wood of Issancourt-et-Rumel, explored for three days at the end of April by the investigators and the judge, from “indications” provided by Monique Olivier, the ex-wife of the deceased killer in series Michel Fourniret. Without results so far.

Extracted from her cell where she is serving a 28-year security sentence for complicity in four of the murders of her ex-husband, Monique Olivier, 72, brought “clarification” and tried to help “find the scenario of these three terrible days”, But “it’s difficult, twenty years later”, Corinne Herrmann said on Tuesday.

On Monday, the excavation operations continued late in the evening, in particular to “bring it back to the conditions of the time”, but also of “bring up images”.

During a previous research campaign in this region of the Ardennes, the scene of a good part of Michel Fourniret’s criminal career, Monique Olivier had for the first time recognized on April 1 a role in the kidnapping of Estelle. She had specified to have accompanied her ex-husband to the edge of the wood of Issancourt-et-Rumel to let him go to bury the body of the girl, on January 11, 2003.

The village of Issancourt-et-Rumel is located some 4 km from Ville-sur-Lumes, where, still according to Monique Olivier, Fourniret kidnapped, raped and killed Estelle, in a house belonging to her sister. Sentenced to life imprisonment for the murders of seven young women or adolescent girls between 1987 and 2001, Michel Fourniret finally admitted in March 2020 his responsibility in the disappearance of Estelle Mouzin. He died at 79 in Paris in May.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Copyright © All rights reserved. | Newsphere by AF themes.